CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENTS
- Sarjoun Doumit (Ph.D.)
Research Area: Complex Systems-Based Analysis of News Corpora and Texts.
- Bryan Ervin (Ph.D.)- jointly advised with Dr. Ravi Arya
Research Area: GPU-Based Algorithms for Brain-Machine Interfaces.
- Mei Mei (Ph.D.)
Research Area: Analysis of Idea Dynamics in Longitudinal Text Corpora.
- Marwa Shekfeh (Ph.D.)
Research Area: Dynamics of Emergent Learning and Innovation in Social Networks.
- Xinyu Guo(Ph.D.)
Research Area: Feature Selection Using Multiple Autoencoders.
- Christopher diCesare (Ph.D.)
Research Area: Analysis of Kinematic and Kinetic Motor Synergies.
- Zhaowei Ren(M.S.)
Research Area: Text Analysis.
- Lei Deng (M.S.) - jointly advised with Prof. Jason Lu
Research Area: Identifying Essential Genes in Bacteria through Pattern Recognition Methods.
ALUMNI OF THE COMPLEX ADAPTIVE SYSTEMS LABORATORY
- Thomas S. Green (M.S. 1995)
Thesis: A Computational Model of the Hippocampus
- Ying Huang (M.S. 1997)
Thesis: Quantitative Characterization of the Effect of Medication on Heart Rate Variability of Patients in a Critical Care Environment
- Tirnelveli Anand (M.S. 1998)
Thesis: Using Hysteresis to Improve Performance in Synchronous Networks.
- Ariel Friedlander (M.S. 1998)
Thesis: Alzheimers-like damage in a model of the hippocampus.
- Shyamsundar Vaidhyanathan (M.S. 1998)
Thesis: A System for the Granular Processing of Sound Using Cellular Automata.
- T. Durai Pandian (M.S. 1998)
Thesis: Error Control Coding and Dual Rate DS-CDMA Systems.
- Jay Bohland (M.S. 2000)
Thesis: Associative memory on Small World Networks.
- Shyam Sundar (M.S. 2000)
Thesis: Synchronization of Multiple Chaotic Systems with Application to Communication.
- Simona Doboli (Ph.D. 2001)
Dissertation: Latent Attractors: A Mechanism for Context-Dependent Information Processing in Biological and Artificial Neural Systems.
- Rajkumar Arumugam (M.S. 2002)
Thesis: SCRIBE: Self-Organized Contention and Routing in Intelligent Broadcast Environments.
- Vinod Subramaniam (M.S. 2002)
Thesis: SOCRATES: Self-Organized Corridor Routing and Adaptive Transmission in Extended Sensor Networks
- Xiaofu Zhang (M.S. 2002)
Thesis: Motion-Based Image Segmentation Using Synchronizable Neural Network.
- Henri Leung (M.S. 2003)
Thesis: Self-Organized Construction of Spatial Structures by Swarms of Autonomous Mobile Agents
- Sumathi Seetharaman (M.S. 2004)
Thesis: Self-Organized Scheduling of Node Activity in Large-Scale Sensor Networks.
- Karthikeyan Swaminathan (M.S. 2005)
Thesis: Self-Organized FOrmation of Geometric Patterns in Multi-Robot Swarms Using Wireless Communication.
- Prasanna Ranganathan (M.S. 2006)
Thesis: A Systematic Approach to the Self-Organization of Heterogeneous Sensor Networks.
- Abhinay Venuturumilli(M.S. 2006)
Thesis: Achieving Robust Wireless Sensor Networks through Self-Organization of Heterogeneous Connectivity.
- Payal Shah(M.S. 2007)
Thesis: Distributed Hebbian Inference of Environment Structure in Self-Organized Sensor Networks.
- Neena George(M.S. 2007)
Thesis: Self-Organized Inference of Spatial Structure in Randomly Deployed Sensor Networks.
- Jayaram Venkatesan (M.S. 2007)
Thesis: Modeling A Pattern-Recognition Approach to Postural Stability and Prediction of Workplace Injury.
- Arun Prasath(M.S. 2007)
Thesis: Self-Organization of Geometric Networks with Heterogeneous Connectivity.
- Amer Ghanem (M.S. 2007)
Thesis: A Modular Gene-Regulation Network Model of Artificial Ontogenesis.
- Akhila Reddy Magam (M.S. 2008)
Thesis: Discovering Distributed Locomotion Algorithms for Self-Reconfigurable Robots.
- Subramoniam Perumal (M.S. 2008)
Thesis: Stability and Switchability in Recurrent Neural Networks.
- Patrick Olekas (M.S. 2008)
Thesis: Characterization and Heuristic Optimization of Complex Networks
- Mithun Perdoor (M.S. 2010)
Thesis: A Neural Model of Motor Synergies.
- Chandrika Sagar (M.S. 2011)
Research Area: Modular Recurrent Neural Networks.
- Mithilesh Salunke (M.S. 2011)
Research Area: Self-Organized Motor Control.
- Suresh Vasa (M.S. 2011)
Research Area: Self-Organized Motor Control.
- Vaidehi Venkatesan (M.S. 2011)
Research Area: Automated Evaluation of Ideas Using Semantic Models.
- Nikhil Balakumar (M.S. 2011)
Research Area: Computational Modeling of Synchronized Calcium Oscillations in Neural Cell Cultures.
- Srinivasa Raghav Vedanarayanan (M.S. 2011)
Research Area: Information Dynamics in Social Networks.
- Laxmi Iyer (Ph.D. 2011)
Dissertation: Connectionist Models of Creativity.
- Yan Liao (M.S. 2012) - jointly advised with Prof. Marios Polycarpou
Research Area: Decentralized Information Structures and Network Issues for Task-Allocation.
- Anand Krishnan Balasubramaniam (M.S. 2012)
Research Area: Neural Model of Motor Control.
- Kiran Byadarhaly (Ph.D. 2013)
Dissertation: Synergistic Neural Models of Motor Control.
- Jacob Haning (M.S. 2014)
Thesis: Feature Selection for High-Dimensional Individual and Ensemble Classifiers with Limited Data.
- Ye Chen (Ph.D. 2014) - jointly advised with Prof. Jason Lu
Dissertation: Fuzzy Cognitive Maps: Learning Algorithms and Biomedical Applications.
- Amer Ghanem (Ph.D. 2015)
Dissertation: Identifying Patterns of Epistemic Organization through
Network-Based Analysis of Text Corpora.
- Madhavun Candadai (M.S. 2015)
Research Area: ANSWER: A Cognitively-Inspired System for
the Unsupervised Detection of Semantically Salient Words in Texts.
- Aashay Vanarase (M.S.2016)
Research Area: CLAN: Communities in Lexical Associative
- M. Furqan Afzal(M.S.2016)
Research Area: Reliable Storage and Recall of Aperiodic
Spatiotemporal Activity Patterns Using Scaffolded Attractors.